Providing accessible, quality healthcare to all patients who walk through our doors forms the foundation of what we do at Truman Medical Centers.
Our peers have recognized TMC's commitment to quality and awarded us various honors. They include:
- Designation as Top Five Teaching Hospital. The University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC) recognized TMC's contributions in 2005.
- Gold status in treatment of heart failure, heart attack and pneumonia care. Awarded this designation in 2004 by Missouri's Medicare Quality Improvement Organization as part of its Primaris Quality Partner program.
- One of the nation's Most Wired Hospitals. Recognition in 2004 by Hospitals & Health Networks.
- A Top 100 Hospital Performance Leader. TMC Lakewood joined Solucient's honor roll in 2004.
Quality is always top of mind with TMC. We recently adopted an initiative called TMC's Innovation Process (TIP), which focuses on:
- customer satisfaction,
- speed of delivery of care, and
- operations excellence through initiatives to lower costs.
TIP is an integral part of TMC's culture, creating faster and more effective change in patient care while minimizing or eliminating activities that are not patient centered. This quality philosophy will pave the way toward an error-free operational, clinical and non-clinical environment.