Mental health is essential to your well being and can impact your self image, relationships, sleep, eating, and even your physical health.
Truman Medical Center Behavioral Health is a leader in the treatment of mental health and substance abuse treatment. Helping more than 17,000 patients, we provide a comprehensive array of mental health and substance abuse treatment to persons living in the Kansas City, Mo., metropolitan area.
Our services are available at the TMC Hospital Hill and TMC Lakewood campuses. Mental health treatment provided by TMC Behavioral Health is based on the unique strengths, needs, and experiences of each person we serve.
TMC Behavioral Health believes that mental health is an important part of overall health care.
- TMC Behavioral Health's primary location downtown makes it easy for most clients to access primary and mental health care.
- Specialized services are available at satellite clinics that are conveniently located near the Hospital Hill and Lakewood campuses.
- TMC Behavioral Health also provides inpatient psychiatric treatment for adults at TMC Hospital Hill.
All of our mental health services are aimed at assisting clients in managing the symptoms of their illnesses and in improving their day-to-day lives. Our services also provide the support many persons with mental illness need to regain a sense of meaning and purpose in life.
We also provide a full range of outpatient services for adults, adolescents and children at our Crossroads location including:
- Mental Health Crisis and Outreach Services provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Mental Health Assessment to identify each person’s needs and services that can help.
- Therapy and Counseling with specialized services for children, young adults, families and older adults to help them cope with their unique life circumstances.
- Occupational Therapy to help persons regain, develop, or master everyday skills in order to live independent, productive, and satisfying lives.
- Medication Services when these can help manage symptoms of mental illness.
- Rehabilitation and Employment Services to help persons with serious mental illnesses build supportive relationships, social and leisure interests, and gain employment.
If you need help with mental health or substance abuse issues, TMC Behavioral Health is here for you.
For more information, please call 816-404-5700
Truman Employment Service
Truman Employment Service is a non-profit company that provides employment services for people with disabilities. We encourage weekly job group attendance, and offer the following services:
• Community Work Trials
• Career Exploration
• Job Development
• Job Placement
• Job Coaching and
• Follow-along Services once consumer starts working
• SSA Benefit Planning
For more information, please call 816-404-6270.