Volunteers play valuable and meaningful roles in the lives of patients throughout the Truman Medical Center Health System. Daytime, evening and weekend opportunities are available at both Truman Medical Center locations- TMC Health Sciences District (2301 Holmes Street), and TMC Lakewood (7900 Lee’s Summit Road). Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community, gain career experience and meet new people. Discover the joy and satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference!
Please note: Adult Volunteers are required to complete a health assessment, background screening, and compliance lessons prior to volunteering.
Volunteer activities include:
• Greeting and escorting patients
• Helping in our beautiful gift shops
• Assisting staff in clinics or on nursing units
• Facilitate recreational activities for residents of the Lakewood Care Center
• Providing clerical support or data entry services
• Assisting with various special events and community outreach activities
• Create Floral Arrangements
• Rocking babies (55 Years and up)
To get an up-to-date list of opportunities, please Click on: TMC Volunteer Opportunities
If you have questions or would like additional information, please call:
TMC Health Sciences District 816-404-3300
TMC Lakewood 816-404-9710
To apply for volunteer opportunities, please click view below: