Truman Medical Centers Wins Platinum Certification for Workplace Wellness
TMC is proud to announce it has been awarded Workplace Wellness Certification from the KC Chamber’s Healthy KC Workplace Wellness Initiative. “It’s an honor to be recognized for the effort that we make, as an organization, to help keep our employees aware that their health matters,” says Truman Medical Centers President and CEO, Charlie Shields.
University Health (services provided by Truman Medical Centers), downtown Kansas City’s new and only freestanding outpatient specialty and surgery center, opened today with a ceremonial grand opening and ribbon-cutting. University Health, 2101 Charlotte Street, offers the latest in technology, including 3-D mammography and a state-of-the-art surgical center with capability for the most advanced surgeries including eye, orthopaedic, oral and reconstructive services.
TMC Lakewood has received The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for two joint replacement programs: Advanced Certification of Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement and Certification for Total Shoulder Replacement.
From Good Morning America to the U.K’s Daily Mail to Nairobi News, the births of identical triplets is drawing international attention to Truman Medical Centers (TMC).
Dr. McCormack's work, including a stretch of more than five years with a zero percent post-operative infection rate, is credited with helping TMC-Lakewood become the region’s first hospital to earn the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for hip and knee replacement programs.
Focused on collaborative research and community outreach, downtown district is unlike any other in the nation. The newly created district combines the unique expertise and services provided by a medical center; a children’s hospital; a university and its schools of medicine, nursing, pharmacy and dentistry; as well as the local health department, mental health center and county medical examiner’s office.
“This award demonstrates that our hard work, and focus on core measures pays off,” said Lynette Wheeler, Lakewood COO. “The Lakewood team can be very proud of this achievement.”
Mitzi Cardenas, Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy and Information Officer is named to the list of 2017 Most Powerful Women in Healthcare IT
The Health Sciences District Run has a long history with many of the healthcare providers and facilities that comprise the new UMKC Health Sciences District.
In the warmer months, we tend to wear clothes exposing more skin, you might notice what TMC dermatologist Paul Reicherter, MD, calls “suspicious characters,” a mole or freckle that looks different from the others or that has any characteristics of the ABCDEs of melanoma.
The University Health Breast Center offers the gold standard of care in diagnosis and treatment of cancer as well as benign conditions of the breast.
UPA, in collaboration with Truman Medical Centers (TMC), will launch University Health On the GO! in Spring 2016 at two Independence Hy-Vee grocery store locations (1525 East 23rd St. South and 4545 South Noland Road), giving those who live in and around Independence convenient access to affordable, walk-in medical care. Having the clinics located in Hy-Vee stores with pharmacies means prescriptions can be filled on the spot.
Lynda Donegan, Vice President, Professional Health Services, and Marsha Morgan, former COO TMC Behavioral Health, were named as 2017 Heroes in Healthcare by Ingram’s magazine.
Days after a tornado ripped through the small town of Oak Grove, damaging nearly 500 homes, groups of volunteers began their efforts to clean up and rebuild the community. The Jackson County Health Department (JCHD) and Truman Medical Centers were two of those groups.
TMC and Cerner, a global leader in health care technology, have formed a strategic relationship dedicated to the transformation of health care in Kansas City and across the world. By working closely, the organizations will pilot innovations using progressive health care information technology (IT).
TMC) Behavioral Health and the Kansas City Public School District will host the Kansas City premier of the documentary “Paper Tigers” on Saturday, November 7 at the Paseo Academy of the Arts from 12:30 pm to 4pm. The screening and group discussion will help to raise awareness for the national movement to develop Trauma Informed Communities and Trauma Sensitive Schools.
Truman Medical Centers Nursing Administration is partnering with Community Health Education and the Kansas City Public School District to launch a unique program – Pathways to Nursing.
Truman Medical Centers is thrilled to have ‘officially’ broken ground a unique partnership designed to improve Kansas City’s health and wellness. We are talking about a one-of-a-kind project: a health clinic in a Kansas City YMCA.
- TMC Introduces First Arthroscopic Surgery Simulator in the Kansas City Area
October 7, 2015
- Truman Medical Centers WIC Earns Loving Support Award of Excellence - Gold
August 18, 2015
- Ruth Stricklen Pullins, MA, SPHR, CLRP, Named TMC Chief Human Resources Officer
July 21, 2015
- TMC Recognized as one of Healthcare’s “Most Wired” for Fifth Consecutive Year
July 9, 2015
- Steve DeGarmo Named Vice President, Facilities and Real Estate
June 9, 2015
- TMC Behavioral Health to Host Special Screening of “Dark Side of the Full Moon”
Mat 12, 2015
- Mark T. Steele, MD, Named TMC Chief Operating Officer
May 4, 2105
- TMC WIC Program Announces New Income Guidelines and Food Package Changes
April 15, 2015
- Jackson County Health Department is Celebrating National Public Health Week
April 2, 2015
- TMC Sr. Vice President of Strategy, Business Development and Technology Named a "Hero in Healthcare"
February 19, 2015
- UMKC, TMC to Leverage Cerner Health Facts Data in Research
February 18, 2015
- Tenth Annual TMC Charitable Foundation Fashion For A Cause
February 18, 2015
- TMC Names Nancy Lewis, Vice President, Marketing and Public Relations
February 18, 2015
- TMC and Morrison's Open CrEATe
February 11, 2015
- TMC and The University of Kansas Cancer Center Form Lab Partnership
February 11, 2015
- TMC Names Amy Peters, RN, and Lynette Wheeler, RN, to New Leadership Positions
January 23, 2015
- UMKC School of Medicine Named Top 10 Residency Program in the Midwest
January 13, 2015
- TMC Selected as 2014 HIMSS Enterprise Davies Award Recipient
November 19, 2014
- John Dane Receives Distinguished Service Award from Mo. Dental Association
November 13, 2014
- TMC Earns CHIME/AHA Transformational Leadership Award
October 31, 2014
- TMC Health Sciences District Earns Baby-Friendly Designation
October 28, 2014
- W.H.O Chooses TMC's Infection Prevention Director for Ebola Consultation
September 24, 2014
- Tara Clark, DO, Joins Newly Opened TMC Lakewood Fairmount Family Medical Care
September 2, 2014
- Truman Medical Centers Welcomes Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgeon Farzad Alemi, M.D
August 4, 2014
- Missouri Department of Health and Seniors Services Names Truman Medical Center Hospital a “Show Me 5” Hospital
July 25, 2014
- Truman Medical Centers Sponsors Fourth-Annual Touchdown Family Fest
July 15, 2014
- Truman Medical Centers Recognized by Hospitals & Health Networks as Healthcare’s Most Wired – Advanced Organization
July 9, 2014
- Truman Medical Centers Breaks Ground on Health Sciences District Outpatient Center
June 27, 2014
- John W. Bluford Medical Pavilion at Truman Medical Centers Unveiled
June 19, 2014
- Incoming TMC President/CEO will be Charles W. “Charlie” Shields
April 30, 2014
- Dr. Adam Kramer Joins TMC Lakewood and Performs One of the First da Vinci Robotic Surgeries
April 14, 2014
- Doug Brandt, Joins TMC as Associate Chief Financial Officer
March 3, 2014
- The Richard and Annette Bloch Cancer Center is Unveiled
February 26, 2014
- Truman Medical Centers President/CEO John W. Bluford Announces Retirement
February 21, 2014
- TMC Earns National Recognition for Patient-Centered Care
February 3, 2014
- Mobile Market Schedule
January 29, 2014
- TMC Lakewood Welcomes Sarah Sudduth, MD
January 28, 2014
- TMC Welcomes Plastic Surgeon Carol Ann Aylward, MD, FACS
January 13, 2014
- Joslin Diabetes Center and Truman Medical Centers Join Forces to Test the Joslin Clinical Analytic Tool (JCAT™)
January 2, 2014
- TMC Lakewood Introduces Eastland Breast Center
December 30, 2013
- TMC President/CEO John W. Bluford Accepts 2013 Gail L. Warden Leadership Excellence Award
November 21, 2013
- ZDG Investments donates building to Truman Medical Centers
November 19, 2013
- TMC Lakewood Welcomes Kelly James, MD, FACS, and Jonathan Patterson, MD
November 19, 2013
- TMC WIC Services Renewed For 2014
November 11, 2013
- TMC First in Missouri/Kansas to Earn HIMSS Analytics Stage 7 Ambulatory Award
November 5, 2013
- TMC Lakewood Unveils Mobile Dental Coach
November 4, 2013
- AHIMA Presents TMC with Grace Award for Innovation in Health Information Management
October 29, 2013
- TMC Lakewood Becomes First in Kansas City to Achieve Certification for Hip and Knee Joint Replacement from the Joint Commission
October 10, 2013
- Walgreens Pharmacy Opens at TMC Lakewood
October 8, 2013
- TMC School of Nurse Anesthesia and UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies Launch a New Nursing Anesthesia Doctoral Program
September 20, 2013
- UMKC School of Medicine and TMC Introduce the Department of Neurology and Chair Dr. Anne Foundas
September 9, 2013
- TMC Names Niki Lee Donawa Chief Community Relations Officer
August 28, 2013
- TMC Lakewood Presents Evening Under the Stars - Sunset at Key West
August 19, 2013
- UMKC and TMC Appoint Dr. Mark Bernhardt Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
August 5, 2013
- TMC recognized for Third Consecutive Year by Hospitals & Health Networks Magazine as One of Health Care's "Most Wired."
July 10, 2013