If you’re planning to breastfeed your new baby, having a Breastfeeding Plan can help.
Missed the first part of this series? Click here!
In the hospital, you can:
• Bring someone to be with you while you’re in labor.
• Tell your nurses, doctors or midwife that you are planning to breastfeed.
• Keep your baby skin to skin, next to your heart, as soon as possible after birth.
• Watch your baby find your breast and start breastfeeding.
• Hold your baby close to see your face. Babies love to look at faces!
• Ask for help if you’re having trouble breastfeeding.
Have questions ahead of your hospital stay?:
Contact Health Sciences District Lactation Services at 816-404-0474
Contact Lakewood Hospital at 816-404-8260
There is one more series of steps to help you get ready to breastfeed your baby.
Click here to learn more.