We offer Perinatal OB services, including ultrasound, high risk consultation, and intervention, starting at 6 weeks through post term (past a baby’s due date). We are equipped with the latest cutting edge ultrasound technology 3D, 4D, X-matrix, etc.
Routine obstetric ultrasound exams include:
- Dating and Viability exams – performed as early as 6 weeks to assess pregnancy.
- Routine/Anatomical exams – Complete examination of anatomy, biometry, and gender.
- Biophysical Profile, checks fetal well-being usually ordered once a week until delivery – 28 to 42 weeks
Advanced exams and procedures include:
- Detailed/Targeted Exam: In depth assessment of fetal anatomy for high risk pregnancies.
- First Trimester Screening/Nuchal Translucency Test - tests for Downs Syndrome (Trisomy 21) and Edwards Syndrome (Trisomy 18) – 11 to 14 weeks
- Fetal Echocardiography – Examines fetal heart in-depth when there is concern over cardiac defects.
- Amniocentesis – the sampling of amniotic fluid using a hollow needle inserted into the uterus, to screen for developmental abnormalities in a fetus.
- Cordocentesis – or PUBS, is a diagnostic test similar to amniocentesis which examines blood from the umbilical cord.