Language Access Services
Truman Medical Centers is proud to serve a diverse community. Our team of professional interpreters is committed to connecting patients and healthcare providers through language and culture.
Medical Interpreters, Translators and Bilingual Patient Guides
For patients and families who prefer to communicate about their healthcare in a language other than English, we provide professional medical interpreters and bilingual patient navigators free of charge.
We provide face-to-face interpreters in Spanish, Arabic, Somali and Sign Language, as well as telephonic interpreting in over 150 languages. More than 100,000 language interpretation services in over 80 different languages were provided.
Our interpreters do more than simply communicate. We can help you during all phases of your care including:
- Scheduling, re-scheduling or cancelling appointments
- Assisting with your prescription refill inquiries
- Assisting you with referrals, financial counseling and billing inquiries
- Obtaining medical records after your visits
- Setting up a personalized online link to your medical record
- Making sure you understand your physicians
We also offer translation of essential documents, patient education materials and many other written communications in English, Spanish and Arabic. Over 100 vital documents were translated into Spanish and Arabic.
If you would like an interpreter, please tell a member of your healthcare team as soon as you enter one of our facilities. If you have additional questions about our services, please call 816-404-3280.