Social Services

Social Work Services

Illness or disability can create physical, emotional and financial stress for patients and families. To assist with you with these issues, a social worker is available as part of your healthcare team. The social worker can assist you with:

  • Psychosocial assessment
  • Information and referral to community resources
  • Financial assistance
  • Transportation
  • Discharge planning
  • Supportive counseling
  • Patient Education
  • Advance directives
  • Case management services for persons living with cancer, sickle cell disease of HIV

If you wish to speak to a social worker please call...

816-404-3200 for Health Sciences District or Lakewood

Need Food Stamps, WIC vouchers or Meals-on-Wheels?

Signing up is easy at TMC’s FRIDAY FOOD CONNECTIONS!

The first Friday of every month, 9 am to 2 pm in the TMC Health Sciences District Ground Floor Conference Rooms, unless otherwise indicated. (See schedule below.)

If you are applying for WIC, please bring the following

Identification for yourself and each person applying for WIC:
Driver’s license OR picture I.D OR shot records OR birth certificate OR hospital record

Proof of where you live:
Utility bill OR Personal bill OR Rent receipts (within 30 days). If you live with someone and do not receive mail at their address, bring: A signed letter from the person you live with stating their name, address, and phone number, AND a document such as a light, water, or phone bill addressed to the person who signed the letter.

Proof of income for everyone in the household:
All sources of income (within 30 days)
• All paycheck stubs—if paid weekly, bring 4 check stubs
• Social Security benefits statement
• Child support
• Unemployment/Disability

If you receive financial support from someone who lives outside your household, bring a signed and dated letter from the person or social service with the amount and type of support given. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

If you are applying for food stamps:
You do not need to have a government issued ID to receive Food Stamps. The state will need to confirm your identity somehow, but you legally cannot be denied for not having a state ID.
It is not required, but if you have the following documents, please bring them with you: ID card , paycheck stubs for this month, bank statements for this month, utility bills.

If you are applying for Meals on Wheels:
Just bring yourself. No documents required.


August 4, 2017-Ground Conference Room #4

September 1, 2017-Ground Conference Room #4

October 6, 2017-Guest Services Conference Room (1st floor)

November 3, 2017-Guest Services Conference Room (1st floor)

December 1, 2017-Ground Conference Room #4

January 5, 2018-Ground Conference Room #4

February 2, 2018-Ground Conference Room #1 (Conference Room #4 was unavailable)

March 2, 2018-Guest Services Conference Room (1st floor)

April 6, 2018-Ground Conference Room #4

May 4, 2018-Ground Conference Room #4

June 1, 2018-Ground Conference Room #4

July 6, 2018-Ground Conference Room #4

August 3, 2018-Ground Conference Room #4


copyright © | website support